Wednesday, November 12, 2008

need to release

I was reading this article on Ellen DeGeneres and one of the questions they asked was how she felt about the Prop 8. At the end of the article were tons of comments and they just made me cry. There were so many ugly comments about how they wouldn't buy stuff, watch stuff, etc. that she was involved in because she is gay. Some went on to say how dare she be allowed to do any of this or to go back in the closet, etc. because these people had morals and lived their life they way that God intended them to. I think that I have some pretty strong morals and that I try very hard to live my life the way Jesus wants me to. I try not to do things that hurt others, and I did say "try". I teach my girls to be kind and compassionate. I try to help as many as I can that are less fortunate then I am and pass those same values on to my girlies. We talk all the time about "is that the way you would like to be treated"? So far they do not think that there is anything "wrong" with looking different than others, that all sorts of people love someone because that is just who they love, that there are all different sorts of families and it just matters that they love each other and I hope it stays that way. Because I choose to live my life the way I do does not mean that it is better than anyone else's life. I feel sad for these people that think it is their right to "judge" anyone else. I think all it would take would be to look at my friend's M and J's life together or someone else like them. I am jealous sometimes of them, not because they are two women who are together, but because they are so lucky to have someone so wonderful in their lives that loves them so much. Why would anyone want to stop more love in this world? Who cares what someone does in the privacy of their own home? I sure don't want to know what my straight friends are doing in their private time either! It just makes me so sad! I needed to vent!

I am thankful that in my little "land of rainbows", that I don't always have to deal with ugliness and my prayers go out to those who do.

2 comments:

Loelle said...

Carrie, I totally agree. And thank you for posting again, I was getting lonely out here is cyberland. (Not that I'm posting that much either!)

Misty said...

The level of hate just baffles me. You're welcome to ride downtown with us tomorrow morning and go to the protest!