Monday, December 15, 2008

SORRY!!!

I am going to apologize upfront for the long post I am about to write. I was trying to think of ways to break it up to make it easier to read and then thought, hey, this is my blog and it should be easy for me! So here goes.


Here are Taylor and Cassidy's thankful trees that they made with grandma and their turkey's they disguised so they wouldn't get eaten for Thanksgiving.







Emily started basketball in November. She is on a 3rd grade Widgets team for school. She has the best coach who keeps inspiring her even when she is not feeling so good. They have had 4 games so far 14-8 (w), 14-12 (w), 4-4 (tie), and 6-15 (l). They are so cute. Emily is really great at defense. She gets in there and gets the ball ans is not afraid to take it away. She would prefer to stop getting hurt but her coach keeps telling her, as aggressive as she is she is going to get some bumps, bruises and the ball hitting her in the nose (that is her least favorite since it makes her eyes leak water). She is improving in her shooting and made 2 baskets at her last game's warm up and I missed it! As a side note I saw Ed MacCaffrey (who was a Denver Bronco) at their last game.









Plus some pictures of the girls being basketball players...









Emily looking like she is having tons of fun doing homework.




Emily had to do a habitat for Science and she chose to do a warm water ocean habitat. Funny story...we were looking for pictures for mermaids for her habitat and she found one she loved and asked to print it. I had to tell her she couldn't have that one since school would not be okay with it. She didn't understand and so I told her it was because the mermaid was topless. She didn't even see it, which means I have taught my girls well, that breasts are made for breastfeeding and they are not that big of a deal to see.





Sad news...Our fish Diamond died. She was very sick and at the end I was cleaning out her bowl and less than 24 hours later it looked like this. The girls were very very sad, but it was a little better that they had a chance to tell her goodbye and let her know how much she means to them. We then went out and got another fish named Sapphire.




Cassidy and Taylor being Siamese twins in my robe....









The kids had grandparents day at school. Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle Jake (since there are 3 kids and other grandparents live to far away) went. They had a nice breakfast while each grade came through and sang to them. We only have Emily on video because my camera battery died. They then went to church with them and then back to their classrooms before going home.












We were originally going to go downtown to look at the huge Christmas lights display at the Civic Center with Marci, Josh and Brady but we didn't know they would have the whole street in front of it closed off since it was the opening night and we were not dressed to get out of the car. We had a decent substitute of going through the retirement community that my grandma used to live in. The kids were able to get out here for just a minute. I miss my grandma but it was nice to remember driving through there with her.











We decorated grandma and grandpa's house for Christmas and celebrated my sister's birthday. The girls have so much fun decorating my mom's house. She takes pictures of all her displays and now the girls are old enough to take a picture, take the stuff and recreate it themselves. We also got our new ornament to remember Zach.

























Cuddling with grandma...




Taylor and grandpa made a project together...





They also were so excited about putting their own presents together for their auntie. They did everything 100% by themselves and came up with some really cute ideas plus really interesting reasons for why they were giving it to her.








We went to Chuck E. Cheese's to celebrate my cousin Brady's 3rd birthday. The girl's all earned enough tickets for this Cheetah girls set. Yeah!











Isn't my cousin Auston a cutie?








Okay, I am feeling a little pathetic, but I got so excited when we were at Toys R Us. They have an aisle of organic healthy snacks, who knew?, and we found the greatest little thing. They are applesauce in a little squeezing container that can close back up. It was so super!







I am thankful for all of the above plus so much more!

No comments: