
They took their pictures, gave them a passport and here is where we waited...



They even had this video playing about this real monkey that goes to the dentist and they show everything that happens plus shows you the correct way to brush, etc. Too cute!
We stopped at the first station where they got new toothbrushes and had to show the assistant how they brushed, to see if they were doing it correctly. They all were!! Then they had to have x-rays done and then their teeth cleaned. All of this with me present, which at their old dentist I was not allowed to even come back with them. They have a movie and play area in the back too for kids not being seen right then. Everything is also very open so you can see everyone. You get cool glasses, so the lights don't bother you. Every step is explained to the kids and they ask the parents about everything. Those of you who know, I am a little freaked about about artificial things and so I told this dentist about my fluoride phobia and she was wonderful. She completely explained both sides, knew where I was coming from and said we really believe what is best for your child is your decision!! WHAT?! I love her and my kids were so happy. They kept saying how nice it was to have me back there, they weren't getting yelled at (which I didn't know about!) and this place made them excited to go to the dentist. They also left with their own toothpaste, floss, timer, chart to keep track of tooth brushing plus little fun things about taking care of your teeth.





We had to go back this week so Emily and Cassidy could each have a tooth extracted (Emily because her permanent tooth was coming down crooked, so taking out the baby would hopefully make it come down straight and Cassidy because her old dentist screwed up a baby tooth 3 times and it was best just to take it out instead of messing with it any more) and for both of them to have a cavity fixed from before. It was amazing. I was able to stay with them the whole time and they explained every single thing they were doing and even made sure I didn't have questions. Totally fine with Taylor being in there while Cassidy had her work done and explained things to her, too. I was a little bummed that I kept them with not the best dentist, but so happy that we have found a place that makes them want to go back soon! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment