Wednesday, July 16, 2008

everyone's hero




This morning we went to the free movies and saw one of our favorites, Everyone's Hero. It is one of those movies that my kids sit through the whole thing without asking once if it is time to leave. We then ran to Vitamin Cottage to try to get some new water things for me since I broke my huge one gallon jug and one of the girls left my water bottle at the aquarium. I made the switch to a fully stainless steel water bottle but couldn't give up my plastic 1 gallon one. Also got Badger sunscreen to try, since they didn't have California baby. Badger actually has a 0 rating (instead of a 1 for CB) so we will see how well this non chemical sunscreen works. I am hoping Emily likes this one cause she thinks California Baby feels a little sticky and didn't want it again. I am really starting to make a huge switch to non chemical stuff. My cancerous thing on my neck, that was removed, really pushed this since it is not a place for sun damage to cause it. We are moving slowly cause it is hard to trust that some of these things really work when I have been using the chemical ones for so long and the ease of some of them. So far I have been really happy with the sunscreens. I really enjoy the dish soap because I can wash dishes by hand and not break out in a rash and it stills cleans them. One day all the things that are better for our bodies and the environment will actually all be more affordable, too! We then came home for some down time and some house catching up. Check. Some more bike riding tonight with some more confidence and a little extra speed. I am thankful for people like Marshall Rosenberg (non violent communication) who help me so much on my journey to be the woman I want to be and for me for being open to letting these wonderful things in.

No comments: